Thursday, September 28, 2017

Revision Chart

REVISION SHEET: Students make errors while they write; it’s normal and totally acceptable, but allowing those mistakes to occur without reflection and repair is a missed opportunity to learn, and that’s exactly where this sheet comes in. Next Tuesday, Essay #1 needs to be revised, and in order to earn full credit, you need to have fully completed the chart below and attached it to your essay. 

As you re-visit your essay and read through its accompanying notes and comments, attempt to better understand your mistakes and attempt to recognize how you can improve and where you may need more practice, time, or attention.

Name Your Error
Why is this an error?
How Often Do You Make This Mistake? Rarely?
How did you repair it in your revised draft?
Example: My sentences are awkward.

other examples:
run-ons, fragments, a misplaced thesis, poor paragraph structure, choppiness, spelling, typos, uncreative diction.
Writing with flow increases readability. It also helps with   clarity. Plus, I need to think more about my reader; readers don’t want to read through awkward paragraphs.  
I make it very often. In particular, I wrote many odd sentences in my second body paragraph when trying to explain something I found complicated. I must’ve gotten distracted. I also did it on my last paper.
Many of my sentences just didn’t flow. With those, I added transitions. With a few of them, I cut the extra words. On a few others, I changed the sentence structure completely. I highlighted all the ones I changed.
1.




2.






3.





4.





5.








1 comment:

  1. YIFY movie is the most popular torrent movie download website available for all the users around the world.
    yify movies download

    ReplyDelete